Landscape Irrigation Restrictions for Gateway (Unincorporated Lee County)
- Watering is not allowed between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Residents and businesses with odd-numbered street addresses may water lawns and landscapes on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 12 a.m. to 9 a.m. and/or from 5 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Residents and businesses with even-numbered street addresses, no street address or rights of way may water on Thursdays and Sundays from 12 a.m. to 9 a.m. and/or from 5 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- For the most efficient use of water, residents should avoid irrigating during both time periods on the same day.
- Using a watering can or hand-watering with a hose and attached adjustable spray or trigger nozzle is allowed.
- Drip, bubble and micro-jet systems that apply water directly to root plant zones may be used anytime. Any low-volume system should not produce water runoff.
- Landscape irrigation systems may be operated once a week during restricted days and/or times for cleaning, maintenance and repair if an attendant is on site in the area being tested. Testing should not exceed 10 minutes per zone.
- Additional watering for up to 60 days is allowed for the installation of new lawns and landscaping.
- On the day new landscaping is installed, new plantings and soil may be irrigated once without regard to the watering days and times. Soil irrigation is allowed immediately prior to planting.
- New plantings that have been in place for 30 days or less may be watered on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and/or Sundays, only before 9 a.m. and/or after 5 p.m.
- New plantings that have been in place for 31 to 60 days may be watered on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, only before 9 a.m. and/or after 5 p.m.
- Irrigation is limited to the areas containing new landscaping. An entire irrigation zone may be watered only if new landscaping is planted on at least 50 percent of that zone. If new landscaping is planted on less than 50 percent of an irrigation zone, only the new plantings may be watered.
For information about water restrictions, visit Lee County at http://www.lee-county.com.